Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sally's Beauty supply...My top nail picks!!

Summer is right around the corner and beautiful nails are a must! So I went to Sally's Beauty Supply Store to pick up some hair and nail care products. If you have never shopped inside this store, you really must go. It really is unlike any other store, and typically Wal-mart or Target doesn't carry the products that beauty stores like sally's carries. You will find premium hot tools at beauty stores and better hair care products that most stores dont carry, also it's a indepth store just for beauty needs so anything you need will be there, If you need to dye your hair, or need a good hot tool, or better hair care products or nail products go to a beauty store like Sally's or Beauty First.

I wanted to share some of the nail care products I got at  Sally's Beauty Supply because I really feel like the items I purchased are a must have for any woman who typically paints her nails all the time, or even just needs some basic prepping for her nails. You dont have to buy the brands that I purchased of course, but I  always like to research a product before I go out and buy it, and I have heard great reviews about most of the products I purchased so these really are great choices. If your looking for an alternative and you dont have a Beauty Store in your town, you can go to your local Wal-mart or Target and find similar items.

I purchased this nail whitener which removes hard stains on the nails from polish stains, food, and smoke. The Brand is called asp (all seasons professional) and it comes with a small tube of whitener and a brush to scrub your nails with the product. It is really easy to use, all you do is put the tube of whitener on the brush or your nails and scrub your nails with the brush, then wash off and repeat if necessary. This is a very good product, especially if your not using a base coat when you are painting your nails or you are a smoker it will help get that natural whiteness back in your nails and leave them looking healthy. So this was the perfect choice for me since I wasn't using a base coat...Happy to say I bought a better base coat and will now never skip this important step none the less.

The Second item I purchased for my nail must have's was this Hoofer's Shield top Coat. This top coat has really good reviews and sells for only $3.99 which is a very good price for the great reviews this top coat gets. Top coats are very important to insure your nails get that high gloss finish and shine, and helps to insure your nail polish doesn't chip and last as long as possible. This is a very important step not to forget, it is going to make your polish look stunning and give it that shine you get at a salon. Even if I do not apply polish and I just want that fresh manicure look I will file my nails and apply a top coat just for the shine, and it makes my nails look flawless.

The third item is this Palladio Base Coat. I would strongly suggest getting this product and not forgetting to use it because your nails will stain like mine did and you'll need to purchase a whitener or lay off any polishes for awhile to remove the staining. If you apply any nail polishes it is truely important to purchase a base coat  because it is going to protect your natural nails from the polish staining and the harsh chemicals from the polish.

Of course we can't forget a nail file for our Nail Must-Haves! This is a Cupcake nail file which can be purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply Store.  It's just a fun file and makes filing your nails a little more interesting, but really of course any file will do just so long as your nails are trimmed and filed down to the correct length and shape your desire. Your nails will look Stunning once they are whitened, and you file and apply your base coat, apply your polish and top coat!! So go ahead and show them off and pick some fun Spring and Summer colors to add to your nail collection and wear with Confidence!!!!!

www.sallybeauty.com to purchase any of the items seen here today!

2 comments:

  1. I love your advice!! I had not heard of the Hoofer top coat but I am getting it as we speak... my manicure lasts like a day to be honest and I hate it!!
    loving your blog so far and def following on GFC... hope you can follow me if you like mine too :)
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pink nails

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete