Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I just felt like I have alot to say right now, I just turned 27 a couple days ago and with that I thought alot about who I was as a person and what kind of mark I wanted to leave in life and for my child, what acomplishments I wanted for myself. I thought about the future, and about my past. I feel like the past is a learning tool for us, it can compromise our future. So I just sat in on my couch thinking about every hardship and every tear I shed as a young adult and my adolescence. I just kept thinking if I could only control my emotions and be diligent, strong, and independent.

I want to teach my child not to give up, to believe in himself, to have dreams and have a passion for life! No matter if people think its silly or not important it is important. So many people loose themselves. As adults We  forget what those dreams, we forget in second chances.
So how do we overcome all of these little hurdles that got us where we are today? The answer is inside you, you just have to find it. Appreciate all you have and have a general happiness for life. Don't be negative and never let one little dissapoint define you or stop you from your goal.

I can say this now because I am 27 years old, and all of my life I have let people walk on me, and I have been afraid to fight for what I want, I've listened to wrong opinions and fell in love with the wrong guys. Thinking with my heart and not my brain caused me alot of lost time I cant get back. I didn't realize how little my problems were and how easy they were to fix.

I read a book by Randy pausch called 'The Last Lecture' and it changed my life! I realized so many things about life and I gained wisdom from a man who was so intelligent and driven!!! It made me think about so many things I never even thought about, what if my life was cut short? We get so consumed by things that shouldnt matter but they do, we forget the joy of life and what it is. The truth is there is no tomorrow, its not guranteed. It isn't guranteed and I cant stress this enough so quit saying you can't do it, and go for it!!! Do what makes you thrive....I believe in myself now. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment