Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Perfect Summer Look....Find yours and own it!! :)

I included a picture of my perfect summer look, so you guys could get an idea of what I like to wear and how I wear my look/hair, and to help complete your summer look. I am focusing a lot of my attentin on summer because i think between summer and winter they can be the harshest on your skin so its very vital that you find a makeup routine for summer and the winter months. In winter your skin can get dry and the cold can play a big part on dry skin, and in summer your skin can get oily and sweaty and break out, and if you live in a humid climate like I do your makeup just seems to wear off and you go from a fresh applied look to Raccoon eyes and looking dreadfully unpleasant to say the least.

So as you can see in my picture I am wearing very minimal makeup or at least it appears that way, I wanted to go for a healthy summer glow. I also wanted for the summer days to wear a makeup look that would be quick and easy and wouldnt require a lot of time or upkeep, and of course I wanted a light application but still wanted the coverage that my skin requires. I usually like to use at least three colors for my eye colors but with the summer I just wanted the easiest possible and wanted to still look done but not have to worry about going outside in the humid heat and regret my decisions in my makeup...so here is a quick step by step of what ive done to achieve my look:

1. First I moisturized my face and neck then I used a small measuring cup and mixed my Stila tinted moisturizer with my full coverage foundation Revlon color stay 300 Golden Beige to get the spf moisturizer and a nice coverage as well to my face. I then applied the two with a foundation brush blending very well and also stippling all over my face and neck.

2. To set the Foundation I used i.d. mineral veil by Bare Escentuals with a all over blush brush and then and I worked in my favorite bronzer Too Faced Pure Bronze with a bronzing brush on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose for a clean look. When using your bronzer be very careful because bronzers can be very pigmented causing streaks and lines so you'll want to blend it out as much as possible and build it up lightly.

3. Next I took one of my favorite blushes Desert Rose by NYX and I applied on the apples of my cheeks, and this blush is very pigmented so you'll want to blend well and build it up. It will make a nice rosy glow for your summer look, if you feel you over did your blush you can always take your setting powder and apply it on your blush area and it will make your blush softer and be less noticeable if you've over applied.

4. After I applied all of my face makeup I worked on my eyes, which I feel is the most important part of the look. I used one of my favorite shimmery cream eye shadows from the Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and applied all over my lid area, however I did not use an eye primer since this eyeshadow is notorious for its long wear and since were focusing on light makeup there is no need for eye primer with this look and these cream shadows. The Bad to the Bronze is so beautiful by itself so there is really no need to add a crease color or any blending colors it will work great for a light summer makeup look.

5. Time for mascara and any lengthening mascara will work, after the mascara i used a brown eyeliner which is not as harsh as a black eyeliner and gives you a more natural polished look. I also did not bring the eyeliner all the way to my inner water line area, I lined my water line only on the outter water line area with the brown liner, this makes for a more natural eye look. Then after applying my liner I used a Black liquid liner and lined my upper lids and winged them out just a bit so my look would be as natural as possible but i still wanted the upper liner to cause the effect of a big beautiful eye.

6. last but not least I used a Neutral lipstick and I opted for a nude color Soft Nude from Revlon Colorburst lipstick this makes for a beautiful summer look that gives you a vibrant glow and focuses on your radiant skin and shimmery eyes.

So I hope you like my summer look and when creating your summer look, dont worry about rushing to get more makeup just work with what you have in your collection and try new things, as I have said before neutral lipsticks work best for summer and shimmery eye shadows are great for summer. I recommend the Maybelline Color Tattoos because a lot of the colors are great on they're own like: tough as taupe and Bad to the bronze. Also invest in a good tinted moisturizer with spf because this is going to have everything you need in it with a light coverage as well. If you want to go very natural as possible line your upper lids and apply mascara and a tinted moisturizer :) you will look gorgeous and hopefully having a great summer!! Remember just play with your makeup and colors and  always choose what works best for your skin tone and what you like.

Now unto the hair: This is EASY I opted for a natural hair look, because it gets very humid in the Midwest your hair can get very dry and freezy and with my hair in the summer I would straighten and spend the time on it and then a few hrs later my hair would look the same, So I like to work in John Freida Secret Weapon on my dry hair and toussle my hair for the natural waves my hair has. I then work in my Kenra shine spray and then I can sport it down and tie a flower in it, or use a head band, or do a pretty side braid or french braid. Today I did a pretty side braid. You can also Braid a smalll piece of your hair and its a very pretty look. So there are so much options for your natural hair as well, So have fun with it and then go out there with confidence and dont forget to smile :) :) Goodbye Loves xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment